With the rise of artificial intelligence and machine learning, data mining has become a differential for companies seeking to obtain the data they need to remain competitive. At this point, the companies that can best exploit web scraping trends in business will be the ones that will have the greatest competitive advantages in the future.
We live in a world driven by data and data-driven strategies of various kinds. It is no longer news that companies and brands that adopt web data mining as an essential service for their business and obtain insights from that data are the ones at the forefront, especially in competitive intelligence.
How not to be left out of this innovation and what will be the future of these services?
Industry leaders predict that the use of web scraping and alternative data is here to stay as organizations seek alternative data sources for competitive intelligence. For example, a report by Grand View Research valued the international alternative data industry at around $4.4 billion in 2022 and predicted it would grow exponentially (at a CAGR of 52.1 percent) over the next seven years (2023 -2030).
Another report by Research Reports World anticipates the global web scraper software market to surpass $196.88 million by 2030, from $149.09 million in 2018, at an impressive CAGR of 2.75 percent. This is clear evidence of the future potential of web scraping and alternative data.
According to Statista, the global big data market is estimated to grow by 33.8% between 2022 and 2027, reaching a value of $103 billion in 2027.
Rising demand for data-driven insights across industries and exponential growth in data volumes due to the widespread adoption of digital offerings such as mobile, social media, and IoT are driving the need for advanced data mining solutions. This demand, in turn, is favoring the growth of the web scraping market.
Future Web Scraping Trends
Among the future web scraping trends and predictions that are associated with massive web data extraction services, these five are highlighted:
- Expansion of AI in all companies: Enterprises are rapidly adopting artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies as key capabilities to drive competitive advantage. Companies are increasingly leveraging the powerful capabilities of AI and machine learning to automate data analysis, unlocking valuable insights that were previously inaccessible. Unstructured data represents 80% of all data generated. However, in their original form, they have limited value to businesses. Still, with the advancement of big data technologies, companies can now restructure such data and overcome the challenges of analyzing unstructured information. And they will be able to do so more effectively and at a lower cost, leading to greater efficiency and business growth.
- Growing demand for high-quality external data: Data is a fundamental factor for the success of any business. However, many organizations are still not fully utilizing the power of data to drive efficient decision-making and drive growth. According to Harvard Business Review: only 25% of executives say their companies have created a data-driven organization, And only 20.6% of executives say they have established a data culture within their organizations. To remain competitive by leveraging broad market insights, organizations must embrace external data sources. However, most companies are lagging in using external data. For example, 92% of data analytics professionals say their companies need to increase their use of external data (according to MIT Sloan and Deloitte). But despite the recognized value of external data, few organizations are truly taking advantage of it. So, from competitor websites to mobile, social, and public data, there is a wealth of external data that can generate valuable insights for businesses. How to achieve this goal? To meet the growing demand for external data, companies must invest in data mining and web scraping capabilities. Additionally, companies must have robust data validation and compliance capabilities to implement strict data quality assurances that meet exact business specifications and current regulations.
- Widespread adoption of data mining across industries: Data mining, particularly web scraping, was once considered a niche practice. However, with the rise of big data analytics, data digitization, and data-driven to drive data-driven decision-making, data mining has become a valuable capability for companies across various industries. Gather competitive intelligence, track market trends, perform sentiment analysis on opinions or reviews on social media, monitor consumer behavior, and improve your offerings. There is now practically no industry that does not extract value from professional web scraping services: from e-commerce, retail, IT, finance & fintech, marketing, and legal to health, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology. In short, the growing recognition of the value of data mining in driving business value is making data mining an indispensable capability for this era of digital transformation.
- A bright future for the data mining market: As organizations increasingly recognize the power of data-driven decision-making, demand for data mining solutions will continue to increase. Web scraping has become a powerful capability to extract large amounts of web data quickly and accurately, generating valuable insights to drive informed decisions and revolutionize your business with increasingly higher ROI. The growing adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies, driven by growing demand from businesses seeking to analyze large amounts of data with speed and accuracy, is expected to further drive demand for data mining. Business leaders, data analysts, and business executives alike must stay ahead and take advantage of the opportunities presented by mining data from the web. The future of data mining is bright and dynamic, presenting enormous opportunities for companies to leverage data to optimize business strategies and drive sustained growth, without setbacks or profitability shortfalls.
- The importance of hiring a professional web scraping services team with real knowledge and experience in the business: Companies are embracing the power of web data mining to gain valuable insights and drive growth. While some data extraction tools can be cost-effective, they often lack the flexibility, scalability, and sophistication that businesses need to address their customized requirements. For example, the rise of anti-scraping measures and the need to extract data ethically and legally add to the challenges of web data extraction. The speed with which websites vary their content, the growth in scale of the volume of data to be scraped and the proliferation of heterogeneous and unstructured data sources make this task increasingly hyper-complex and specialized. And the growing demand for companies to clean, standardize, and tailor data to their specific requirements, including having clear data visualization targeted to their business metrics, requires expert web scraping capabilities. Consequently, in the immediate future, we will observe an unprecedented demand for consultants and professionals who are experts in data extraction, particularly those with experience in various industries and the flexibility to adapt to the requirements of each business. Those who do not understand this trend will always be one step behind the business opportunities provided by this explosion of big data.
Why Scraping Pros
Scraping Pros specializes in identifying, extracting, and delivering high-quality data in your preferred format, ensuring it is ready for immediate integration into your database or upload queue.
Our data delivery process is designed to meet your specific integration requirements, ensuring a seamless and efficient experience. With a focus on reliability, security, robustness, and traceability, we guarantee a reliable solution for all your web data needs. With our experience of more than 15 years in the market, we can effectively solve highly complex data extraction tasks, guaranteeing uninterrupted access to your data.
Don’t let your business fall behind the competition by not hiring a professional team of web scraping services, allied to the strategic objectives of your company. We are the best choice so that your organization is always at the forefront and adopts a real strategy based on competitive business data.